Simplefolio WordPress (3.2.1) theme adaptation for: http://www.firefightertrainingblog.com
A example theme install with code will appear here: http://test.underthelee.com
Download the *.zip file with the modified *.php files for transforming SimpleFolio into Simplecorporate-v0.5b ! Click to Downlaod
Disclaimer: I made the following changes on my own and as I learned by doing. This project was about trial and error. I am in no way a programmer, I am just a regular dude who can use Google.com to solve my own problems.
I make no claim that anything that follows will work for your specific situation. I do, however, hope this article helps you find answers to what you are looking for.
How did it all start? I have been a big fan of Pat Flynn over at the Smart Passive Income.com for a while now. His transparency and regular guy approach seems to strike a cord with me. Anyways, while lurking his site, I read his article on using the Simplefolio WordPress Theme by Omar E. Corrales.
Now, the specifics that I started with were found at the Niche Site Duel hub. Specifically here. It was my desire to figure out how he setup up the Simplefolio wordpress theme for that corporate style website. So I went about figuring it out.
Here are the steps I took.
- Install WordPress
- Install the Simplefolio wordpress theme
- Mess with the default *.php and *.css files to see if I can’t bend the theme to my will. The results are less than impressive.
- Look at the source code of the target website for hints to what is under the hood. In this case, (old) http://www.securityguardtraininghq.com/
- Research at the WordPress codex how to develop and code themes. I would rather be working a concrete pour than dig through that site.
- Code (2) new page templates to display information.
- Edit the code of the default theme pages being used to display the new header.
- Tweak, trouble shoot and install addons.